Make It Work!
As you know, Foxes HQ is based within my humble home. I get asked a lot how I manage to cram so much into the day; mainly, it’s being really, really dedicated to something and actually enjoying so it doesn’t feel like work! The other thing I cannot stress enough about working for yourself, from home or anywhere really is BE ORGANISED! Write stuff down, write lists, thousands of them if you have to. I like working from home as it’s quite comfortable, I’ve got Leo the cat and Ollie dog to keep me company and when my little girl is home, I can hang and work with her at the same time. Bliss!
So, here are my top ten things for getting your sh!t done:
- Keep a written diary; writing it down cements things in your brain
- Write to-do lists and update them, everything goes on there even things you do every day
- Do schedule dedicated time to work on certain projects if you have multiple stuff on the go
- Keep a notepad with you AT ALL TIMES to jot down ideas or things you remember
- Always carry your business cards. Not really helpful for getting things done, but you never know who you could bump into
- Keep your work area tidy; it’s amazing what a clear workspace can do for you mentally
- Always carry a pen, that works
- Write drafts when you can; nobody wants to get that email at 10.30pm but draft it at least and send it in the morning
- Keep your music up to date; when you listen to good tunes as you work time will fly by!
- It’s ok to say no to people sometimes. Look after yourself.
|Pencils from Earmark|